** Please check out my tribute page to two of my Civil War relatives who never made it home **

Friday, January 2, 2015

January 02, 2015



Two months ago I stopped to visit Lt. Cushing’s marker at the Angle, and of course I had to take a detour and check out Gen. Armistead’s. His memory is obviously cherished, as evidenced by the flags both large and small. In the distance are the Nicholas Codori farm, the 72ND Pennsylvania Infantry, and the storied fields of the Pickett-Pettigrew-Trimble Charge. This was such a beautiful blue-sky day, though terribly cold, that I couldn’t have hoped for a better backdrop. The blue of the mountains completes the scene.


**HONORED TODAY**

CPT. WILLIAM H. DULL
Co. I, 71ST Pennsylvania Infantry

Born March 12, 1826 --- Died July 03, 1863, at age 37

Cpt. Dull enlisted as a 1ST Lt. in New York in May 1861. With his mother having died in 1860 and his elder brother in 1858, Cpt. Dull’s death was yet another tragedy in the family. He suffered a mortal wound to the side at Gettysburg and was later buried at American Mechanics Cemetery in Philadelphia.


(c) 2012-2015 Skies of Blue and Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment