** Please check out my tribute page to two of my Civil War relatives who never made it home **

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January 07, 2015




This is actually the kind of weather I experience at least one day on *every* trip to Gettysburg :-) That’s okay, because I love it. Well, as long as it’s not pouring down rain, that is. The battlefield hanging under the threat of a rainstorm is a beautiful and mysterious place indeed. I like the contrasts in this photo: green grass, gray and brown rocks, brown fence, green fields, dark green trees in the distance, blue rolling mountains, a gray and white sky ... wow.


This particular photo was taken just past the Eternal Light Peace Memorial at Oak Hill; the road seen at center is the Mummasburg Road. The 6TH New York Cavalry monument (always one of my favorites) is visible to the left of the tree. It looks to me as if the fencing is rather new.


**HONORED TODAY**

PVT. ANDREW J. ALBERT
Co. K, 153RD Pennsylvania Infantry

Born 1828/31 --- Died July 01, 1863
Pvt. Albert, a carpenter, enlisted in October 1862. He left behind a wife Matilda (or Susanna) and five children, Sarah Melinda (born 1851), Ann E. (born 1855), Arbenus called Ben (born 1857), Robert T. (born 1858), and Mary (born 1860). His burial is unknown.


(c) 2012-2015 Skies of Blue and Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment