** Please check out my tribute page to two of my Civil War relatives who never made it home **

Monday, January 23, 2017

January 23, 2017



** This blog published Mondays and Wednesdays **


Two summers ago, I made it part-way up the Longstreet Tower along Confederate Avenue before my back decided to rebel. This is my view. Visible are the division marker for Laws’ Division, the Georgia Troup Artillery, the Georgia State Memorial, the 1ST North Carolina Artillery, and the South Carolina Memorial. The Ashland Artillery is at lower left, hidden in the trees. I’ve always loved this sweeping scene over the fields, which isn’t properly captured in this photo . . . the view is amazing. And to the owners of these vehicles, smile! You’re famous now.


**HONORED TODAY**

1ST LT. PLEASANT HOSSEY THOMPSON
Born abt. 1838 --- Died July 02, 1863 at age 35

Co. G, 3RD Arkansas Infantry

1ST Lt. Thompson, a farmer, enlisted in June 1861 and endured two years of war. He was killed in battle, and his place of burial is uncertain.


(c) 2012-2017 Skies of Blue and Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment