** Please check out my tribute page to two of my Civil War relatives who never made it home **

Monday, September 26, 2016

September 26, 2016



** This blog published Mondays and Wednesdays **


On my relatively recent walk to the Henry Spangler farm from Confederate Avenue, I got some great shots of rural Gettysburg life. Here’s a view of some of the outbuildings. The large structure at right isn’t the main house, and I’m not sure of its purpose. It seems as if most of the buildings existed in 1863 except for the barn which was rebuilt after a fire. I particularly like this scene with reds, greens, whites, and browns, and have always been a fan of white picket fences.


**HONORED TODAY**

PVT. WILLIAM F. DEARMAN
Co. I, 16TH North Carolina Infantry

Born abt. 1838 --- Died October 13, 1863 at age 25

Pvt. Dearman enlisted in May 1861. He was mortally wounded in the thigh at Gettysburg and was taken prisoner 4 days later, dying in captivity. He was eventually buried at Oakwood Cemetery in Raleigh.


(c) 2012-2016 Skies of Blue and Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment