** Please check out my tribute page to two of my Civil War relatives who never made it home **

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August 31, 2016



** This blog published Mondays and Wednesdays **


If you’ve driven along Confederate Avenue near the Florida State Memorial, you may have noticed a dirt path along the left side of the road, marked by a sign that says “Spangler House.” On my last visit my curiosity got the better of me, and off I went. The Henry Spangler is a beautiful farm that was also a rallying point for the Southerners of Gen. Pickett’s division on the afternoon of July 3RD. Unfortunately, this beautiful barn wasn’t standing during the battle, but was rebuilt after the sparks of combat sent the original barn up in flames.


**HONORED TODAY**

PVT. EDWARD GREERSON
 
Co. B, 76TH New York Infantry

Born abt. 1832 --- Died July 01, 1863


Pvt. Greerson was born in England and immigrated to America at age 9 (Sep 1842). He was killed in battle and was later buried at Waterford Rural Cemetery in Waterford, New York.


(c) 2012-2016 Skies of Blue and Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment