** Please check out my tribute page to two of my Civil War relatives who never made it home **

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September 16, 2015



** This blog published Mondays and Wednesdays **


I view this as sort of a philosophical photo in a way; anyone who wants to sit and imbibe Gettysburg’s atmosphere, remembering what took place at this very spot, is welcome. From left to right we see the Pennsylvania Memorial (far in the left distance), the Sherfy farm, and, far to the right, the area of the Peach Orchard. This photo was taken just behind the Louisiana State Memorial. I’m not sure why, but I really like the addition of the bench. I hope anyone who’s come to see this monument has taken the opportunity to just sit and ponder . . .
 
**HONORED TODAY**

CPL. LEONIDAS TORRENCE
Co. H, 23rd North Carolina Infantry

Born about 1836 --- Died July 07, 1863 at age 27

Cpl. Torrence, known as Leon, enlisted in July 1861. He was a farmer. Though he escaped the initial butchery of Iverson’s North Carolinians on the 1st of July, he died just a week later.


(c) 2012-2015 Skies of Blue and Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment