** Please check out my tribute page to two of my Civil War relatives who never made it home **

Monday, June 22, 2015

June 22, 2015



** This blog published Mondays and Wednesdays **


Honest question: Is there anyone who has visited Gettysburg without being fascinated by the rocks at Devil’s Den? If you’ve been following my blog for awhile, you’ve probably noticed that I am definitely one of these people. It’s sure a thrill to be driving along the battlefield roads and then seeing this massive megalith of boulders (look how big this boulder in the photo is. That’s only one of many!) I’m not one for climbing, but just to stand and stare and imagine the battle is enough for me.


**HONORED TODAY**

PVT. FRANKLIN B. WEABER
CO. K, 151st Pennsylvania Infantry

Died July 27, 1863

Pvt. Weaber enlisted in October 1862. He was wounded in three places at Gettysburg and succumbed after nearly a month of medical care, dying at Harrisburg’s Camp Curtin general hospital.


(c) 2012-2015 Skies of Blue and Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment