** Please check out my tribute page to two of my Civil War relatives who never made it home **

Monday, May 8, 2017

May 08, 2017



** This blog published Mondays and Wednesdays **


Love geology? Love history? Funny how the twain should meet, isn't it? Here at Spangler’s Spring there are many fine boulder specimens to examine. Watch your step, though . . . the spring’s run-off makes the ground soggy, and one of my shoes has been stuck somewhere beneath the mud since 2006. (No, I’m not interested in getting it back anymore. I'm admittedly fascinated by the thought of my shoe remaining on the Gettysburg battlefield for all time . . .)


**HONORED TODAY**

PVT. WATSON A. HARWELL
Born 1822 --- Died July 03, 1863 at age 41

Co. C, 28TH North Carolina Infantry

Pvt. Harwell enlisted in March 1863. Married to Barbara, he was the father of Fannie aged 7, Mary aged 6, and William aged 3. Of his demise, records say only that he was “left on the field.”


(c) 2012-2017 Skies of Blue and Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment