** Please check out my tribute page to two of my Civil War relatives who never made it home **

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February 17, 2016



** This blog published Mondays and Wednesdays **


As I’m sure I’ve said before, since childhood I’ve been absolutely fascinated by the gigantic boulders of Devil’s Den. There’s just something powerful and awe-inspiring about this jumble of prehistoric rocks; the more time I can spend there, the better, though even just a glimpse fires the imagination. Here’s a close-up of some of the boulders near the curve in the road which leads past Triangular Field. Even if no battle had take place here, the sheer size and age of the boulders is enough to captivate any and all visitors.


**HONORED TODAY**

PVT. JOHN L. GRIFFIN
Co. B, 26TH North Carolina Infantry

Born 1833 --- Died July 10/20, 1863 at age 30
                                       
Pvt. Griffin enlisted in June 1861. He was married to Martha, with a son George (1854) and two daughters, Mary (1857) and Aurena (1859). After his death at Gettysburg he was buried at Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond, Virginia.


(c) 2012-2016 Skies of Blue and Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment