** Please check out my tribute page to two of my Civil War relatives who never made it home **

Monday, October 12, 2015

October 12, 2015



** This blog published Mondays and Wednesdays **


Here we see the garden at the Lydia Leister house / Gen. Meade’s headquarters. This is a nice bucolic scene, I think . . . Taneytown Road and the Peter Frey barn can be seen in the background. Unfortunately, while I was visiting I didn’t take the time to notice what was in the garden, but I’m sure everything was well-researched for authenticity’s sake. The picket fence gives the scene a homey appeal.  


**HONORED TODAY**

CPT. ALFRED HORATIO LEWIS
Co. D, 64TH New York Infantry

1832 --- Died July 02, 1863 at age 31

Cpt. Lewis enlisted in October 1861. He was married to Jane, and had a daughter Kittie born in 1859. After receiving a mortal wound at Gettysburg, he was buried at Sandusky Cemetery in Freedom, New York.


(c) 2012-2015 Skies of Blue and Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment