** Please check out my tribute page to two of my Civil War relatives who never made it home **

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

April 11, 2017



** This blog published Mondays and Wednesdays **
**Note: This post is going up a day early in the hopes of thwarting my fickle internet connection.**


During last summer’s walk to the Henry Spangler farm, I didn’t notice that if I would’ve continued on this path I could have walked all the way to Emmitsburg Road (not that I was inclined to do so, considering the humidity and the generous helping of horse “waste” we’d already encountered). The Daniel Klingel farm, located across that aforementioned road, can be seen here in the center right distance. The Spangler farmhouse is at left just out of view.


**HONORED TODAY**

PVT. DAVID HANER
 
Born March 16, 1843 --- Died July 01, 1863 at age 20

Co. G, 134TH New York Infantry

Pvt. Haner enlisted in August 1862 and was a mechanic in civilian life. He rests in Gettysburg’s Soldiers’ National Cemetery.


(c) 2012-2017 Skies of Blue and Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment