** Please check out my tribute page to two of my Civil War relatives who never made it home **

Monday, November 14, 2016

November 14, 2016



** This blog published Mondays and Wednesdays **


For the next few posts I’m going to focus on the newly-renovated General Lee’s Headquarters complex, which I was fortunate enough to visit on the 7TH of November. First of all, I want to say that the Thompson house looks amazing and I’m so happy to see it without the dormers! This photo was taken from inside the ruins of the Dustman barn, a battle-era stone foundation. You can tell from the lighter-colored stone underneath the left window of the Thompson house that some of the windows were recently redone. I found the Dustman foundation almost as interesting as the Thompson house, and enjoyed visiting before the grass got too high to tramp around in.


**HONORED TODAY**

PVT. ALEXANDER LAY AGEE
Co. D, 37TH Virginia Infantry

Born 1840 --- Died July 13, 1863 at age 23

Pvt. Agee enlisted in May 1861. He was mortally wounded in the breast and was later taken prisoner, dying of his wounds within two weeks. He was laid to rest in Richmond’s Hollywood Cemetery.


(c) 2012-2016 Skies of Blue and Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment