** Please check out my tribute page to two of my Civil War relatives who never made it home **

Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16, 2017



** This blog published Mondays and Wednesdays **


If I had my say, this would be called Picnic Rock. I’ve always loved the idea of sitting on these prehistoric boulders to grab a quick bite to eat, enjoying nature and being surrounded by history. The view is incredible, and after you’ve finished your meal you can climb around the rocks, read the informational tablet, and check out the flank marker that I never even noticed in all the years I’ve been visiting Devil’s Den. :-)


**HONORED TODAY**

PVT. WILLIAM W. STROUD
Born abt. 1843 --- Died July 1863 at age 20

Co. H, 8TH Alabama Infantry

Pvt. Stroud’s death date is given as July 21ST and July 26TH. He enlisted in September 1862 and was wounded on the 2ND. His leg was amputated, and he eventually died from his wounds. He lies in Richmond’s Hollywood Cemetery with many other Gettysburg casualties.


(c) 2012-2017 Skies of Blue and Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment